I have 11 sons and have spent many hours studying wiser men and trying to be a good father. Here is a list of 33 points I have shared with my sons. I welcome your feedback.
- Triumph with Humility: Victory is already apparent; there’s no need for gloating. Graciousness in success fosters allies, not enemies. Acknowledge the strengths of others, and learn from them.
- Learn from Defeat: Complaining about losing leads to isolation and stagnation. Every defeat is a lesson in disguise. Thank God for the opportunity to learn more about yourself and to grow with grace.
- Prioritize Skills Over Results: Focus on developing skills, as they accumulate and eventually lead to your desired outcomes. Relish the process and strive for personal excellence. Remember, anything worth doing is going to be difficult.
- Embrace Self-Reliance: Employment is not an entitlement. Like pioneers forging new paths, embrace the work available and create opportunities, potentially becoming a provider for others.
- Pursue Goals Boldly: Aspire to excellence with passion and dedication. Reject the complacency of those who fear failure. Embrace noble ambitions.You were made for great things!
- The Door is Always Open: Regardless of past decisions, the journey’s you’ve gone on or the mistakes you’ve made, going home is always an option. Face the consequences with courage and embrace change.
- Stand Firm in your Convictions: When you’re facing resistance for your principles, see it as a chance to demonstrate resolve with authentic joy. This is the crucible of true leadership and enduring change. Don’t